Coastal Pacific Roadtrip
Combine the gracious charm of Otahuna Lodge with the uniqueness of Hapuku’s Treehouses and the elegance of The Marlborough Lodge into one unforgettable roadtrip along the South Islands’ upper East Coast.
When you begin a new book it’s the first few pages that grab your attention; arriving at Otahuna Lodge for the first chapter in this journey your attention is guaranteed to be grabbed when you’re welcomed like the Lord and Lady of the Manor. Otahuna Lodge seamlessly knits past and present together: period woodwork, stained glass windows and fifteen working fireplaces combine with a host of modern comforts and a rich collection of contemporary New Zealand art. Outside, Otahuna’s manicured gardens and the song of native bellbirds invites guests to discover hidden glades, ponds and more than 120 different kinds of organic fruits, vegetables, nuts and mushrooms in the historic grounds. You could venture out and explore Christchurch or make the scenic drive over to Akaroa on the Banks Peninsula, or just as easily enjoy everything Otahuna has to offer on-site, it is truly breath-taking.
Two and a half hours’ drive north of Otahuna (it’s a real challenge not to stop off en-route at one of Waipara’s many amazing wineries) is the coastal town of Kaikōura and your next stop, Hapuku Lodge + Treehouses. Uniquely nestled 10 metres in the air, the Treehouses at Hapuku sit amongst a native Kanuka Grove with views of the Kaikōura mountains and the Pacific Ocean in the distance. Kaikōura is known as the ‘Maritime Serengeti’ of New Zealand – during your stay consider Whale Watching, a swim with dusky dolphins or a walk around the Kaikōura Peninsula.
Continue north for two hours and you’ll arrive at The Marlborough Lodge near Blenheim; the last stop on your coastal roadtrip. Nestled in 16 acres of park like gardens surrounded by vineyards, The Marlborough Lodge pays homage to its past by highlighting some of the historic elements of the original building and combining these with a modern décor to create an eclectic mix.
For the last full day we’ve included a spectacular kayak & hike experience in the Marlborough Sounds. After a sumptuous breakfast at the lodge, drive to Picton to meet your wilderness guide and enjoy a guided kayak experience from Ngakuta Bay to Anakiwa; then an independent walk from Anakiwa to Mistletoe Bay, returning by scheduled water taxi to Picton at the day’s end. This is an amazing day exploring some of New Zealand’s most beautiful coastline! Head back to the lodge to freshen up in time to enjoy a well-deserved pre-dinner drink served with canapés.
- Two night stay at Otahuna Lodge in a Suite
Complimentary upgrade to a Master Suite at time of booking (as per availability)
Pre-dinner drinks with canapés each evening
Four-course, set-menu dinner each evening with 1 bottle of wine for two people
Continental and cooked breakfasts for two each morning
Use of lodge facilities
- Two night stay at Hapuku Lodge in a One Bedroom Upper Branch Treehouse
In-room fire and couples soaking tub
Three-course dinner for two each evening
Complimentary in room minibar & cookies each day
Gourmet breakfasts for two each morning
- Two night stay at The Marlborough Lodge in a Premium Lodge Suite (available for Fri & Sat night stays only)
- Full breakfasts for two each morning
- Welcome glass of wine on arrival
- Pre-dinner drink & canapés each evening
- Complimentary minibar
- A four-course a la carte dinner at the lodge on your first evening
Inclusions are for two guests travelling, double/twin share. For other group sizes and additional person costs, please contact us.
Offer available for travel between now and 30 September 2020.
This offer or similar may be available outside of these dates, so please contact us to enquire.
All accommodation, experiences and services are subject to availability and will be confirmed by your LocalLux Travel Specialist.
Not IncludedAccommodation OnlyFamily
Additional terms specific to this offer:
- This package may be “tentatively held” at no charge for a maximum of 4 working days and then must be confirmed with a deposit payment of 10% or released.
- Final payment must be received in full at least 30 days prior to the date of travel.
- Cancellation more than 60 days out from the date of travel – no charges apply.
- Cancellation within 60 days from the date of travel – 10% cancellation fee (loss of deposit).
- Cancellation within 30 days from the date of travel – cancellation fee of 100% will be charged.